Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rusted Bonds


Large triangular knitted shawl made of silk.

Name: Rusted Bonds
Pattern: Holden Shawlette by Mindy Wilkes
Craft: Knitting
Needles: PRYM circular needles 3.5 mm (US 4)
Yarn: DyeForYarn Lace // Tussah Silk
How much?: 0.93 skeins = 706.8 yards (646.3m)
Colorway: Rusted blood bond OOAK

The colour of this yarn is one of most beautiful things I have ever seen. Thank to my friend’s help I was able to make this easier cast on - Galathea’s beginning:
cast on 7;
(WS) k3, p1, k3 (7 stitches);
(RS) k3, yo, place marker, k1, yo, k3 (9 stitches);
(WS) k3, p3, k3
repeat rows:
(RS) k3, yo, k until m, yo, slip marker, k1, yo, k until 3 sts to the end, yo, k3 (13 sts, 4 sts are added in each row);
(WS) k3, p until 3 sts to the end, k3

I stopped with stockinette part at 261 stitches and continued with the 3rd repeat of lace pattern. That means I started lace pattern at row 25, made it to 38. Than I repeated rows 23-38 2 more times each time increasing the count of repeats of pattern in brackets appropriately.
I made a mistake in the lace pattern so there are two extra ribbed rows :)
Beads (non-transparent Miyuki and Toho glass beads) were added according to Lolotte1409’s Golden project. 
I did picot bind off with crochet hook (2mm).
It grew while blocking and it looks really stunning!
Ravelry project page.
DeviantArt page.

No comments:

Post a Comment